Mc-Raiders 1.12.1 Private server

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mc-Raiders 1.12.1 Private server

Mc-Raiders is a free WoW private server dedicated to the original WoW

+8
potterboy158
Furorede
Gosko
Dvizor
Kruvazh
poni
Kissa
TK
12 posters

Known Issues/Bugs (Post here to make GM\'s job easier)

TK

Known Issues/Bugs (Post here to make GM\'s job easier) Empty Known Issues/Bugs (Post here to make GM's job easier)

Post  TK Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:10 pm

This is my first time playing on this realm. These are just some things i've noticed from my first few levels in the starting area.

I dont know if this applies to all unfriendly mobs, but the black widow spider in Deathknell wont attack you unless your standing on them for a few seconds.

If a mob attacks you and you run off you wont be able to use vendors or turn in quests to npc and you will still be flagged as "in combat."

If you've played on Blizzards realms your familiar with the leveling nerf that was implemented near the beggining of the Burning Crusade allowing one to gain more experience from anything that gives you experience. For example, on a Blizzard realm by the time im done questing in Deathknell i should be near level 6, but on this Realm im still two quests from done and pretty much at level 8. And on top of that beggining quests are turning green, which shouldnt be happening. I'm just hoping i will be able to enjoy leveling and not worry about it being like Blizzard realms where im pretty much skipping 75% of quests in an area because they have turned grey and its time to move to the next area.

Too much loot! I emptied my bag four times on a level 2 quest.

Some mobs going through the ground.

Mobs not doing much damage? kind of seems like it, but i cant really tell.

I'll keep you updated if i come across anything else.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mobs with mana pools dont cast any spells, they mele instead.

Pets move through the terrain instead of over it.

I drowned in the Royal Quarters of Undercity; seems to be conflicting with The Shining Strand in Silverpine. Have to run from The Sepulcher to Undercity to reach my body.

Mage quest in the Apocotharium of Undercity, the one which involves the elementals is in play even though there is no mage in the process of doing it.

Last edited by TK on Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kissa
    Kissa

Known Issues/Bugs (Post here to make GM\'s job easier) Empty Re: Known Issues/Bugs (Post here to make GM\'s job easier)

Post  Kissa Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:30 pm

Some of those bugs are indeed fixable, but on to the leveling note, leveling rates have been easied a lot, so that is why you might have to change place pretty much all the time, dont worry about that. Smile
    poni

Known Issues/Bugs (Post here to make GM\'s job easier) Empty Re: Known Issues/Bugs (Post here to make GM\'s job easier)

Post  poni Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:03 pm

Yup mobs going through the ground I've noticed a lot.

Also some level 1-3 mobs seemed to have more HP than some level 4-5 mobs. (Sabers & Pigs vs Spiders in Teldrassil).

¤ Spiders in Teldrassil appear to web-root you, since you hear the sound of them shooting the web, but nothing actually happens.

¤ Being able to loot other peoples kills ... or maybe its only GMs kills?

¤ Getting in combat as soon as you right click a mob, even if you're miles away. Which is annoying if you're about to Charge Very Happy

¤ Rage generation feels rather slow, I rarely feel I have rage to spend and it's mostly "Need more rage" "Not enough rage", and autohits.. Smile

¤ Agro range feels really short as well, can almost walk right past mobs without agroing

¤ Mousing over people shows "0 Damage, Tameable," etc etc as if I was a hunter with that silly ability and they were beasts

¤ Some places have very few mobs, like Fargo Deep Mine

¤ Vein spawns appear to be bugged, one room in Fargo Deep Mine had 11 veins spawned.

¤ Crit chance is REALLY low, i.e my lvl 8 warrior has 1.5% crit ...
    TK

Post  TK Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Kissa wrote:Some of those bugs are indeed fixable, but on to the leveling note, leveling rates have been easied a lot, so that is why you might have to change place pretty much all the time, dont worry about that. Smile

At the moment leveling rates are very similar to those awarded to players who try out Blizzards recruit-a-friend 300% increase. I did a quick check and noticed that experience gained from quest completion is 4 times as much as it should be. There is no fun in being able to level quickly. You also have to consider the fact that players rely alot on city rep during pre-bc. And 95$ of that rep comes from quests. So if we have to constantly change areas after completing a few quests in one area we will have to come back at a later time to complete the quests we left behind and thats a pain. And if you level too fast you end up skipping alot of areas and then it starts to feel like BC/WoTLK where 85% of Azeroth has no purpose, but for discovery... Starting area > Barrens > Hillsbrad Foothills > STV > Tanaris > Un'Goro Crater > 60. Over time it slowly becomes Burning Crusade, it becomes a race to cap, it becomes all about end game and an excuse for people to roll a million alts. So please lower the rate of experience gained to how it was pre BC's buff.

And i also failed to mention on my previous post that i had tested the game out without hack patch installed so i dont, would i have still experienced these issues/bugs if it were to be installed?
    Kissa
    Kissa

Post  Kissa Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:36 pm

No need to install hackpatch, quest xp should be somewhat 3x to normal, and I think we should make a poll about the level rates, some people have already done 1-60 blizzlike, and might not want to do it again, we can always try do an recruit a friend event too.
    You are right about the leveling, it should be no race, but I think that blizzlike rates are too slow, at least when i come to think of them, I get quite bored with that slow leveling, and when you come think of it that all quests dont work, so it would even slow down the leveling more, but you are indeed right that we should find a solution to this thing, cos around 3-4x is too fast. Smile
    TK

Post  TK Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:25 pm

Kissa wrote:No need to install hackpatch, quest xp should be somewhat 3x to normal, and I think we should make a poll about the level rates, some people have already done 1-60 blizzlike, and might not want to do it again, we can always try do an recruit a friend event too.
    You are right about the leveling, it should be no race, but I think that blizzlike rates are too slow, at least when i come to think of them, I get quite bored with that slow leveling, and when you come think of it that all quests dont work, so it would even slow down the leveling more, but you are indeed right that we should find a solution to this thing, cos around 3-4x is too fast. Smile

Plus theres always the rested exp gain. People can always take advantage of that for a faster leveling. You could also tweak that rested exp buff to give more out and possibly last longer. For people like me who want to enjoy leveling, it would be no problem avoiding the rested exp buff. Or perhaps if its possible a gameplay option that allows one to set a level that works for them.

And one more thing. For anyone interested in reporting bugs please redit your post and seperate with a ___________________ everytime you discover new bugs so that way we dont have pages and pages of issues and by keeping all your reports to one post it will make the programers job easier.
    Kissa
    Kissa

Post  Kissa Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:27 pm

I will try to talk with Adam and see what we can do with this thing Smile
    Kruvazh
    Kruvazh

Post  Kruvazh Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:51 pm

*Food has charges depending on how many you have and it has a cooldown.*

*When you train a new rank of an ability the old one on your bar doesn't upgrade.*

*Alliance type mobs are PvP mobs.* - Example the dwarves in Mulgore.

*Mobs are really easy to not aggro.* - Have to stand on an aggresive mob for it to attack me.

*Mobs usually don't attack unless you actually hurt them.* - I can charge neutral mobs (sometimes aggressive ones) cancel auto attack and they leave me alone, also i can apply rend and run off and they don't attack until it ticks etc.

*Mobs walk underground.*

*If you fall underground you just fall forever.*

*Sometimes Heroic strike doesn't do any damage.*

*Bloodrage takes off way too much health.* - It takes off like 20% of my life instantly.

Last edited by Kruvazh on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dvizor
    Dvizor

Post  Dvizor Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:08 am

Talents and spells that dosnt work:

Warlock:

Spells:
    Drain Life: Does not gain spell damage bonus.

Blood pack (imp spell)

Talents:
    Improved Drain Life

improved Mana Drain

Demonic Embrance

More Coming while im lvling.

Last edited by Dvizor on Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Gosko
    Gosko

Post  Gosko Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 am

Kruvazh wrote:*Bloodrage takes off way too much health.* - It takes off like 20% of my life.
    I thought that 20% was normal Surprised 10% instantly then another 10% over time.
    Kruvazh
    Kruvazh

Post  Kruvazh Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:31 am

Well it should cost 16% of your base health. And it's looking more like 20% of my maximum health. Also the rage over time shouldn't cost any health, which it doesn't, only the first bonus.
    Furorede
    Furorede

Post  Furorede Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:11 am

if you are in hide as rouge and use sap, u leave hide. Thats not the usual way
    Kruvazh
    Kruvazh

Post  Kruvazh Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:26 am

Furorede wrote:if you are in hide as rouge and use sap, u leave hide. Thats not the usual way

That's supposed to happen in pre tbc. You'll notice a talent in the sublety tree that gives you a 30% chance to stay in stealth after using sap for each talent point spent, up to a maximum of a 90% chance.
    potterboy158

Post  potterboy158 Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:40 am

Playing for 15 minutes on my lock, ive noticed:

My pet likes to randomly walk underground

My pet (imp) runs to the mob before deciding to cast fireball

Corruption (Rank 1) is marked as an instant cast but is 2 second cast

It's extremely easy to glitch mobs so that they stay underground
    Icyy
    Icyy

Post  Icyy Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:21 am

Druid:

Bearform Quest is bugged... so i give up the quest but... no bearform...

Tauren´s startplace...

Much of the Mobs are bugged... because they one of them makes too much dmg... the other too low... balance that ^^

but so is the server cool Wink
    poni

Post  poni Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:25 pm

Kruvazh wrote:*Food has charges depending on how many you have and it has a cooldown.*

*When you train a new rank of an ability the old one on your bar doesn't upgrade.*

These arent bugs, it used to be like this back in 1.12, you had to drag out your new rank spells by yourself. Also, iirc, food had a cooldown as well, not charges though
    blazzord
    blazzord

Post  blazzord Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:30 pm

*shapeshifting has a 2-3 sec delay so you can cast spells right before shapeshifting (like healing cat form)
    *pounce doesen't stun....
    *Dire Bear form gives you the extra HP but it doesen't fill it
    *frenzied regeneration aint healing
    *when prowling in cat form it gives you 2x times as much AP and when unprowling it's still there
    Dwole
    Dwole

Post  Dwole Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:59 pm

Paladin class bugs:

Seal of Righteousness: the proc can crit, dno if it was like that in 1.12, didn't play paladin back then Razz
    Purify: Have no mana cost in the tooltip, can be used all the time, even if u dont have a poison on u.
    Judgement: about 20% of the times you use it, its just consumed, you get cd, it cost mana, but it does 0 dmg (no miss / resist etc)
    Melee attacks: Can be resisted, think it is like this for all melee classes.

World:

Bugged mobs, no agroo, all that has been said.
    mining: its just fucked up, if you go to fargodeep mine with find minerals on, you will understand. Veins EVERY WHERE Razz

Thats all for now Smile
    Skex
    Skex

Post  Skex Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:13 pm

sure mines and herbs are everywhere, nobody goes for them
    with max 19ppl on the server there sure are mutch minerals,
    if a normal server (blizz) starts, in the first days,
    there are about 150ppl only in one starting area
    Zendarn

Known Issues/Bugs (Post here to make GM\'s job easier) Empty Bug

Post  Zendarn Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:15 pm

when ure in a grp and a quets item drops only one person can loot it (ie hoggers paw,Bellygrubs tusk)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:17 am